What is DPP?
(DPP) Diabetes Prevention Program is a research-based, 12 month program, that focuses on healthy eating and physical activity. Research shows that those with prediabetes who take part in a structured lifestyle change program can cut their risk of developing type II diabetes by 58%!
- Must be 18 years or older
- Have a body mass index above 24, or 22 if you are Asian
- Have not been diagnosed with type 1 or type 2 diabetes
- Not be pregnant
To find out if you're at risk for type II diabetes, take the online test.
What You'll Learn?
- Eat healthy without giving up all the foods you love
- Add physical activity to your life, even if you don't think you have time
- Deal with stress
- Cope with challenges that can derail your hard work-like how to choose healthy food when eating out
- Get back on track if you stray from your plan-because everyone slips now and then
- Enhance the skills learned so you can maintain the changes you've made.
I'd like to think that I'm living a better lifestyle now that I've lost weight. I feel better and I know that my chances of living a healthy life are better because of this program.- DPP Participant